At the end of the First World War, members of the 1st Overseas Regiment founded branches of the Red Chevron Club in four Ontario cities, namely Toronto (which was to be the Provincial Command), Peterborough, London and Guelph.
In Guelph, meetings were held in various rented premises downtown. Later, a house at 122 Quebec Street E. was purchased, renovations made and this served as clubrooms for the members.
In 1956, the Guelph Red Chevrons and Associates Inc. was incorporated by Letters Patent.
The Red Chevron Club is a non-profit organization originally organized by WWI veterans as a meeting place for fellowship and help to veterans and their families; continued by veterans of WWII, the Korean War and retired Armed Forces personnel. The club does fundraisers for numerous charities, in particular those serving children and seniors. On weekends, we host venues with local talent, such as bands and karaoke.